Campaign creators sometimes require users to verify the campaign participants' identities. They can opt for Civic KYC (Know Your Customer) system, or for 2key integrated KYC. If you opted for the 2key ID verification option, this is the procedure to verify your identity.
If you opted for Civic KYC, please refer to Civic’s User Guide for further information.
When attempting to participate in a campaign, you may be asked to provide proof of identity with a popup message like this one
To verify your identity:
1. Click Proceed to Identity Verification.
2. On the newly opened screen, click 2Key.
3. In the newly opened screen, enter the required information.
4. Click Next.
5. In the newly opened window, select the document you are using for ID verification.
6. To upload a picture or copy of that document,
Click Upload Image of ID.
2. Select or copy the image of the ID.
3. Click Next.
7. To take the required selfie of yourself holding the uploaded ID
Click Take a Selfie.
2. Holding the uploaded Id clearly visible next or below your face, and facing the camera, click Take a Photo.
3. To authorize 2key.io to use your camera, click Allow.
When you are satisfied with the image on the display, click.
Ensure that both your face and the document are clearly visible and without glare.
4. Click Confirm.
5. Click Next.
8. To Upload a Proof of Residency:
a. Select one of the requested documents.
Note: If you do not have any of these documents in digital form, you can take a clear picture of a printed one and upload that picture.
b. Click Next.
c. Click Submit.
Your verification process is completed and needs to be approved by the campaign creator.
An email notification will be sent to you once you are approved or if additional information is required.